Ohio, U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th, 8th and 9th Circuits
U.S. District Court for the S.D. Ohio
Ohio, U.S. Supreme Court
University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2005
Saint Mary’s College, Magna Cum Laude, Biology, B.S., 2002
Erin M. Campbell
Erin M. Campbell represents clients in federal False Claims Act cases and other complex civil matters. She is committed to protecting the rights of False Claims Act whistleblowers, who often sacrifice much to protect our sick and elderly, our military servicemembers, and our nation’s Treasury. She also has enjoyed representing clients in cases involving trust relationships, municipal open access, civil rights, and other commercial litigation. She has tried cases with her colleagues and has extensive appellate briefing experience, including successful work in the United States Supreme Court and the Ohio Supreme Court. She has argued in the Ninth Circuit and other courts.
Erin M. Campbell also writes on the False Claims Act. With James B. Helmer, Jr., she is co-author of Jury Instructions for False Claims Act Cases, a set of model False Claims Act jury instructions, published by University of Cincinnati Law Review in Volume 84 No. 4. Articles she has written or co-authored have been published in the University of Cincinnati Law Review Blog, the ABA Business Torts Litigation Journal, and the False Claims Act and Qui Tam Quarterly Review and on the firm’s blog. She is a contributor to the fifth, sixth, and seventh editions of James B. Helmer, Jr.’s treatise, False Claims Act: Whistleblower Litigation.
She enjoys presenting on and teaching about the False Claims Act, and has spoken on this topic to groups at the Cincinnati Bar Association and elsewhere.
While in law school, Erin M. Campbell served as a legal extern with the Clermont County Public Defender’s Office and as a judicial extern with retired United States Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hogan.
She is admitted in Ohio, the Southern District of Ohio, the Fifth Circuit, the Sixth Circuit, the Eighth Circuit, the Ninth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. She is a member of the Potter Stewart American Inn of Court and Taxpayers Against Fraud.
In 2010, Erin M. Campbell was selected as a Rising Star Superlawyer by Law & Politics magazine. She has worked on cases involving more than $1 Billion.
- Firm listed in U.S. News Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2011-2017 under categories of Commercial Litigation, Employment Law (Individuals), and Litigation (Eminent Domain & Condemnation)
- Ohio Rising Star Superlawyer by Law & Politics magazine in 2010
- United States ex re. Sanders v. Allison Engine Co. (S.D. Ohio, 6th Cir., U.S. S. Ct.) – Navy Destroyer
- Cundall v. U.S. Bank (Ham. Co., 1st District, Ohio S. Ct.) – Trust
- United States ex re. Dekort v. Integrated Coast Guard Sys., LLC. (N.D. Tex., 5th Cir.) – Coast Guard Patrol Boats
- Shell v. Ward (Ham. Co., 1st District) – Attorney Malpractice
- Melvin Jones, et al. v. Process Machinery, Inc., et al. (Boone Co. Cir. Ct., Ky.) – Personal Injury
- Clark, et al. v. W&M Kraft, Inc., et al. (S.D. Ohio) – Personal Injury