Ohio, U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Cir.
U.S. District Court for the S.D. Ohio
Robert M. Rice
Robert M. Rice joined the firm in early 1999. He is a 1993 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he served on the Moot Court Board. He also served as a judicial intern for the late United States District Judge Carl B. Rubin. Prior to joining our firm, he worked on providing relief for numerous victims in a national products liability class action case. His scholarly writing includes several sections of our False Claims Act treatise and an amicus curiae brief on behalf of the National Employment Lawyers Association in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Mr. Rice has been a pioneer in convincing Courts to award as damages the entire amount of a government contract when a government contractor fails to fulfill material contractual terms.
- Firm listed in U.S. News Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2011-2017 under categories of Commercial Litigation, Employment Law (Individuals), and Litigation (Eminent Domain & Condemnation)
- United Stated ex rel. Liotine v. CDW Gov’t., Inc. (S.D. Ill.)(Sale of Chinese Goods)
- United States ex re. Sanders v. Allison Engine Co. (S.D. Ohio, 6th Cir., U.S. S. Ct.)(Navy Destroyers)
- United States ex re. Dekort v. Integrated Coast Guard Sys., LLC. (N.D. Tex., 5th Cir.)(Coast Guard Cutters)
- United States ex rel. Lefan v. General Elec. Co. (W.D. Ky., 6th Cir.)(Aircraft Engine Fans)
- Estate of Tamara Roberts v. Sterling Ventures, et al. (Boone Co. Ky.)(Triple Fatality)
- Clark, et al. v. W&M Kraft Inc. (S.D. Ohio)(Personal Injury)